Terms and conditions
Legal notice and disclaimer
Adventures In Movement, it’s owners, trainers, affiliates, and associates of this website and all its publications, emails, forum postings, ebooks, and/or newsletters assume no liability for the information contained therein.
The information contained herein reflects only the opinion of the owners, trainers, affiliates, or associates and is in no way to be considered medical advice. Specific medical advice should be obtained from a licensed health care practitioner. Consult with your doctor before you begin any fitness program.
Adventures In Movement cannot guarantee that adventuresinmovement.com will always be available, error-free, uninterrupted, timely or secure.
Terms of service
The term ‘Adventures In Movement’ or ‘AIM’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
There is no guarantee of results from
Additional Legal Disclaimers, Notices & Terms of Service
These terms and conditions may change at any time. It is your responsibility to check for updates regularly.
This site, it’s
You understand that Adventures In Movement expresses no guarantees or warranties about any of its publications, products,
By accessing this website or its products, you agree to the legal notice, disclaimer, and terms of service stated above. If you do not agree with any part of it, discontinue the use of this site and its products immediately, its publications and any other information related to Adventures In Movement.
One-to-one sessions: 24-hour notice of cancellation is required for all appointments. Notice of fewer than 24 hours will incur full payment of the session fee – you will be charged for the appointment at the applicable hourly rate. Failure to attend a scheduled appointment without notifying the trainer will result in the session being forfeited and you will be charged at the applicable hourly rate.
Workshops: Cancel 14 days before the workshop and you will be refunded your registration payment minus a £20 processing fee, or you can use the registration payment for a future workshop with Adventures In Movement within one year with no penalty. If you cancel within 12 days of the workshop, you will not receive a refund, but the fee can be credited towards a future workshop purchased within one year. If you cancel within two days of the workshop you forfeit your full payment. Camps/retreats/adventures: A non-refundable deposit is required to secure a place. Cancel between 4 and 8 weeks before the start date and pay 50% of fee or loss of deposit, whichever amount is greater. Less than 4 weeks (28 days) before the start date the full fee is payable.
Retreats and Adventures Terms and Conditions
1. By booking with Adventures In Movement (a trading style of N8Works Ltd) you accept these terms and conditions. Where a group makes a booking all participants within the group agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. Legal jurisdiction: All terms and conditions between clients and Adventures In Movement are to be governed by and held under the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
3. Deposit: Your booking must be accompanied by a deposit per person, or if booked within 8 weeks of the date on which the trip starts by the full payment. This deposit is non-refundable if you choose to cancel. You will be sent a booking confirmation receipt together with a questionnaire to help Adventures In Movement tailor the activities to your needs.
4. Balance of payment: This is due 8 weeks prior to the activity start date unless otherwise stated. If full payment is not received by this date Adventures In Movement reserves the right to cancel your booking without a refund of the deposit made.
5. Minimum numbers: We reserve the right to cancel trips or activities where the minimum number of participants has not been reached. We will not cancel your trip less than 8 weeks before your departure date or unless another date stated, except where necessary due to extreme unforeseen circumstances, or failure by you to pay the final balance due.
6. Insurance: It is a condition of booking that you are insured against medical expenses, injury, illness, death, cost of repatriation, and personal accident risks. This must include cover for the activities to be undertaken during the trip. You must ensure that your insurance covers rescue, including helicopter rescue. It is the right of the leader to make a decision to call for helicopter rescue if such assistance is needed. Costs incurred by you, the client, due to an evacuation, rescue or other emergency event shall be your responsibility. Any subsequent costs incurred for expenses not limited to but including such costs as hotels, food, transport etc shall be borne by you, the client. You are responsible for ensuring insurance cover is adequate for the particular needs of your chosen activity. You must be fully aware of the implications involved in arranging your own travel insurance and understand the limitations and exclusions of the policy. By agreeing to our Terms and Conditions you are authorising Adventures In Movement or the person employed to lead the trip for Adventures In Movement to instigate rescue and/or helicopter evacuation procedures without previously obtaining the permission of the company issuing your insurance policy. We reserve the right to cancel your booking at any time if we are not satisfied you have the necessary insurance policy covering your activity. You must bring all insurance documentation with you at the time of the activity. We also recommend your insurance covers you for trip cancellation and baggage loss/damage. Adventures In Movement is unable to accept responsibility for the loss or damage to any client equipment or luggage.
7. Client cancellation: If you wish to cancel you must notify Adventures In Movement in writing, whereupon the following charges will be applied from the date they receive your notice of cancellation: More than 12 weeks before start date – loss of deposit. Between 8 and 12 weeks before start date – 50% of fee or loss of deposit, whichever amount is greater. Less than 8 weeks (56 days) before start date – full fee.
8. Trip cancellation: If Adventures In Movement has to cancel a booking we shall refund all monies or the client can re-book on a different date. If Adventures In Movement cancels an activity we will not be liable for any expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking, or in the expectation of the activity taking place.
9. Booking transfer: Should you be unable to participate in an activity having made a booking then Adventures In Movement will endeavour to facilitate the transfer of your place to another person should you wish to do so. Such a transfer of your place to another person requires they satisfy all the conditions for the activity (including health and fitness requirements). While Adventures In Movement will endeavour to facilitate a transfer of a booking, it does not guarantee that in all circumstances this will be possible and is subject to their discretion.
10. Personal risk: Adventures In Movement maintains high professional standards of client care and safety. In choosing to undertake activities in an outdoor environment you accept that these activities may pose a danger of personal injury or even death. All clients must be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions and
involvement in such activities.
11. Medical care: By booking an activity you (and, in the case of a group
booking, all other members of your group) attest to being in good medical health and able to participate in the chosen activity. If you suffer from a medical condition that may prejudice your participation you must provide a medical certificate from your doctor stating that he/she believes you may safely undertake the activity you have booked at the time of making the booking itself. In booking a trip you accept that in case of accident or illness Adventures In Movement may need to execute evacuation plans or provide for medical treatment. It is your responsibility to inform Adventures In Movement when booking the trip if you do not feel you can give consent to such an arrangement. If Adventures In Movement believes that in doing so your own safety or that of others may be compromised during the trip, we reserve the right to cancel your booking with a full refund.
12. Inoculations: You must ensure that you have any inoculations required.
13. Itinerary: Adventures In Movement or the person leading the trip has
entire discretion to alter programmes at any time in the interests of client safety. In the event that changes are made to the itinerary any extra costs will be met by the client.
14. Duty of care: By booking you agree to abide by instructions and decisions made by the person leading the activity. Adventures In Movement reserves the right to exclude individuals from an activity on the grounds of health or safety. Any individuals so excluded are not entitled to a refund. Any individual contravening the decisions or advice of the person leading the trip, or undertaking independent activities not authorised during the activity, relinquishes the protection and duty of care of the person leading the activity for Adventures In Movement.
15. Leaving a trip: It is understood that if you decide to voluntarily leave an activity Adventures In Movement shall not be held liable for your safety, well-being or costs incurred following your departure from an activity.
16. Fitness: By booking on a trip with Adventures In Movement you confi rm you have understood the level of fitness and ability required for your chosen activity. If your fitness or ability does not meet the minimum requirements prior to engaging in an activity, or during participation in
activity, we reserve the right to ask you to discontinue your participation.
17. Publicity: All information contained within the Adventures In Movement
website and other publicity is for guidance only. Whilst making every effort to ensure accuracy, Adventures In Movement cannot be responsible for any inaccuracies or alterations beyond their control. Should any changes occur clients will be notified before a booking is accepted.
18. Complaints: If you have a complaint about the service you receive at any point during the activity you should notify Adventures In Movement as soon as possible to give us the opportunity to rectify the situation to a mutual agreement. If the complaint is unresolved to your satisfaction during the trip you should detail your complaint in writing within 28 days.
19. Unavoidable occurrences: Adventures In Movement does not accept liability for the consequences of strikes, riots, acts of war or terrorism, disease outbreaks, government intervention, natural disasters or adverse/ unusual weather conditions. If such occurrences cause Adventures In Movement to have to cancel an activity we will endeavour to offer an alternative, but accept no liability for return of fees paid prior to cancellation or curtailment.
20. Accommodation is usually in twin or double rooms unless stated otherwise. You may request single occupancy which incur a supplemental payment to the price of the activity.
21. Third Party providers: In the event of any unforeseen circumstances, accident or event due to the actions of a third party Adventures In Movement shall not be held liable.