ADVENTURES IN MOVEMENT
Retreats and Adventures Terms and Conditions
- By booking with Adventures In Movement (a trading style of N8Works Ltd) you accept these terms and conditions. Where a group makes a booking all participants within the group agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Legal jurisdiction: All terms and conditions between clients and Adventures In Movement are to be governed by and held under the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Deposit: Your booking must be accompanied by a deposit per person, or if booked within 8 weeks of the date on which the trip starts by the full payment. This deposit is non-refundable if you choose to cancel. You will be sent a booking confirmation receipt together with a questionnaire to help Adventures In Movement tailor the activities to your needs.
- Balance of payment: This is due 8 weeks prior to the activity start date unless otherwise stated. If full payment is not received by this date Adventures In Movement reserves the right to cancel your booking without a refund of the deposit made.
- Minimum numbers: We reserve the right to cancel trips or activities where the minimum number of participants has not been reached. We will not cancel your trip less than 8 weeks before your departure date or unless another date stated, except where necessary due to extreme unforeseen circumstances, or failure by you to pay the final balance due.
- Insurance: It is a condition of booking that you are insured against medical expenses, injury, illness, death, cost of repatriation, and personal accident risks. This must include cover for the activities to be undertaken during the trip. You must ensure that your insurance covers rescue, including helicopter rescue. It is the right of the leader to make a decision to call for helicopter rescue if such assistance is needed. Costs incurred by you, the client, due to an evacuation, rescue or
other emergency eventshall be your responsibility. Any subsequent costs incurred for expenses not limited to but including such costs as hotels, food, transport etcshall be borne by you, the client. You are responsible for ensuring insurance cover is adequate for the particular needs of your chosen activity. You must be fully aware of the implications involved in arranging your own travel insurance and understand the limitations and exclusions of the policy. By agreeing to our Terms and Conditions you are authorisingAdventures In Movement or the person employed to lead the trip for Adventures In Movement to instigate rescue and/or helicopter evacuation procedures without previously obtaining the permission of the company issuing your insurance policy. We reserve the right to cancel your booking at any time if we are not satisfied you have the necessary insurance policy covering your activity. You must bring all insurance documentation with you at the time of the activity. We also recommend your insurance covers you for trip cancellation and baggage loss/damage. Adventures In Movement is unable to accept responsibility for the loss or damage to any client equipment or luggage.
- Client cancellation: If you wish to cancel you must notify Adventures In Movement in writing, whereupon the following charges will be applied from the date they receive your notice of cancellation: More than 12 weeks before start date – loss of deposit. Between 8 and 12 weeks before
startdate – 50% of fee or loss of deposit, whichever amount is greater. Less than 8 weeks (56 days) before start date – full fee.
- Trip cancellation: If Adventures In Movement has to cancel a booking we shall refund all monies or the client can re-book on a different date. If Adventures In Movement cancels an activity we will not be liable for any expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking, or in the expectation of the activity taking place.
- Booking transfer: Should you be unable to participate in an activity having made a booking then Adventures In Movement will
endeavourto facilitate the transfer of your place to another person should you wish to do so. Such a transfer of your place to another person requires they satisfy all the conditions for the activity (including health and fitness requirements). While Adventures In Movement will endeavourto facilitate a transfer of a booking, it does not guarantee that in all circumstances this will be possible and is subject to their discretion.
- Personal risk: Adventures In Movement maintains high professional standards of client care and safety. In choosing to undertake activities in an outdoor environment you accept that these activities may pose a danger of personal injury or even death. All clients must be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions and involvement in such activities.
- Medical care: By booking an activity you (and, in the case of a group booking, all other members of your group) attest to being in good medical health and able to participate in the chosen activity. If you suffer from a medical condition that may prejudice your participation you must provide a medical certificate from your doctor stating that he/she believes you may safely undertake the activity you have booked at the time of making the booking itself. In booking a trip you accept that in case of accident or illness Adventures In Movement may need to execute evacuation plans or provide for medical treatment. It is your responsibility to inform Adventures In Movement when booking the trip if you do not feel you can give consent to such an arrangement. If Adventures In Movement believes that in doing so your own safety or that of others may be compromised during the trip, we reserve the right to cancel your booking with a full refund.
- Inoculations: You must ensure that you have any inoculations required.
- Itinerary: Adventures In Movement or the person leading the trip has entire discretion to alter
programmesat any time in the interests of client safety. In the event that changes are made to the itineraryany extra costs will be met by the client.
- Duty of care: By
bookingyou agree to abide by instructions and decisions made by the person leading the activity. Adventures In Movement reserves the right to exclude individuals from an activity on the grounds of health or safety. Any individuals so excluded are not entitled to a refund. Any individual contravening the decisions or advice of the person leading the trip, or undertaking independent activities not authorisedduring the activity, relinquishes the protection and duty of care of the person leading the activity for Adventures In Movement.
- Leaving a trip: It is understood that if you decide to voluntarily leave an activity Adventures In Movement shall not be held liable for your safety, well-being or costs incurred following your departure from an activity.
- Fitness: By booking on a trip with Adventures In Movement you confirm you have understood the level of fitness and ability required for your chosen activity. If your fitness or ability does not meet the minimum requirements prior to engaging in an activity, or during participation in
activity, we reserve the right to ask you to discontinue your participation.
- Publicity: All information contained within the Adventures In Movement website and other publicity is for guidance only. Whilst making every effort to ensure accuracy, Adventures In Movement cannot be responsible for any inaccuracies or alterations beyond their control. Should any changes occur clients will be notified before a booking is accepted.
- Complaints: If you have a complaint about the service you receive at any point during the activity you should notify Adventures In Movement as soon as possible to give us the opportunity to rectify the situation to a mutual agreement. If the complaint is unresolved to your satisfaction during the trip you should detail your complaint in writing within 28 days.
- Unavoidable occurrences: Adventures In Movement does not accept liability for the consequences of strikes, riots, acts of war or terrorism, disease outbreaks, government intervention, natural disasters or adverse/unusual weather conditions. If such occurrences cause Adventures In Movement to have to cancel an activity we will
endeavourto offer an alternative, but accept no liability for return of fees paid prior to cancellation or curtailment.
- Accommodation is usually in twin or double rooms unless stated otherwise. You may request single occupancy which
incura supplemental payment to the price of the activity.
- Third Party providers: In the event of any unforeseen circumstances, accident or event due to the actions of a third party Adventures In Movement shall not be held liable.